Children’s Camp 2021 (Note: Children's Camp 2020 was Canceled due to the Pandemic. Look for news of our 50th Camp now scheculed for August 1-7, 2021 )
THE THEME THIS YEAR IS RIVERS AND STREAMS - WATER ON THE MOVE
DISCOVER WHO AND WHAT DEPENDS ON RIVERS!
For information about the 2021 Children’s Camp, contact us at email@example.com or call Karen at 608-987-3835 or Gretchen and Dave at 414-507-4042.
Camp Kids at Hyde Mill, 2015
The theme was "Water, Water Everywhere"
Camp Crazy 2013 – Click on the picture to see just how much fun we have at campFind out what happens at camp by reading about some of the many activities:
- Swimming every day at Governor Dodge State Park’s Cox Hollow and Twin Valley lakes – good swimmers getting better and non-swimmers learning how to swim.
- Hiking every day at Friendship Center, Governor Doddge State Park and other sites.
- Every morning learning and sharing ideas about cooperation, kindness, fairness and peace.
- Discovering the importance of watersheds and rivers, especially the Wisconsin River and the Mississippi River.
- Learning about archery and shooting an occasional bull’s eye.
- Cooking international dishes, soup, snacks and desserts.
- Sharing the daily chores along with the staff – cleaning the bunkhouses and lodge each day, setting and clearing tables and washing dishes.
- Visiting our rock shelter and learning the ancient and natural history of the land.
- Visiting the River Museum in Dubuque, Iowa
- Canoeing around Twin Valley Lake.
- Challenging our teamwork skills by competing in active beach games.
- Playing loud and boisterous Spoons and other games with the Junior Counselors.
- Falling asleep in the dark and quiet bunkhouses, listening to the crickets, Bard Owls and Whip-poor-wills.
If you would like a copy of one of our camp newsletters written by campers and staff call Gretchen and Dave 414-507-4042 or email firstname.lastname@example.org