Friendship Center Accommodations and Services
- Heated lodge with dining area, living room and fully equipped kitchen.
- Bathroom and shower facilities.
- Lower level with Ping-Pong equipment and tables for crafts.
- Electric baseboard heat and wood burning stove on each level.
- Deck and outdoor area with large picnic tables and sun umbrellas.
- Three platforms for tents or sleeping under the stars.
- Two Eureka 4-6 person tents for rent.
- Some level space on the property for pitching your own tent.
- Foam sleeping mats available if needed.
- Fire circle and firewood.
- One heated bunkhouse/electricity, sleeps ten; one unheated bunkhouse/no electricity, sleeps eight.
All visitors bring their own food, towels, personal items and sleeping equipment. Sheets, blankets and pillows available at extra cost.
Because we like to keep camp fees as low as possible, and because Friendship Center relies on volunteers, all groups using Friendship Center are responsible for cleaning the camp facilities before leaving and taking all trash and recyclables with them.
The main lodge is nestled in a hillside overlooking twenty eight acres of woodland and meadow with nature trails, rock outcroppings and a creek. Two bunkhouses are hidden in the woods where nothing is heard but the wind and the evening whip-poor-wills. Friendship Center offers a quiet, secluded and peaceful setting with a dramatic view of rolling hills and valleys.
While the property exceeds 28 acres, the land and facilities accommodate up to twenty five people at one time. The expressions “Small is Beautiful” and “Less is More” have special meaning at Friendship Center.
Optional Services Available
Upon availability, a volunteer can lead your group on hikes exploring Friendship Center property or assist you with connecting your experience to your curriculum or program.
Friendship Center is a natural choice for a small group of adults, young people and teachers or leaders to enjoy a family-like environment and the adventure of living close to nature. The Center is ideal for ecological studies, scientific investigations, problem solving, journal writing, social interactions, reading, teamwork, religious studies, a biking and hiking home base and relaxing in a beautiful setting.
For information about renting Friendship Center, click here.